INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON TRANSPORT AND ROAD RESEARCH (ITRARR)
22 - 24 MAY, 2018-MOMBASA, KENYA
About the Conference
The conference will include keynote presentations, workshops and plenary discussions, site visits and exhibitions.
The conference will be conducted in English.
Transport solutions to transform lives: Research & Innovation for safe, efficient and seamless transport.
- To enhance knowledge management, collaboration and partnership in transport research within the region
- To influence transport policy decisions through research
- To promote uptake and update of research findings amongst road practitioners, and
- To provide a forum for sharing of experiences and exchange of ideas on innovations amongst transport sector practitioners.
Call for papers
We hereby invite experts, researchers, academics and specialists in every area related to road and transport management and research to submit conference papers.
The topics for the conference will be drawn from the following broad thematic areas which address the aspects
listed against them:
- Transport Policies and Strategies (Monitoring performance of transport networks, Road Asset
Management, Road investment strategies)
- Innovative Financing & Contracting models (PPPs, PBC, Road Annuity Program, Roads 10,000
Programme, Community participation in road maintenance)
- Urban Transportation for sustainable cities (Provision of mass rapid public transport systems, Traffic congestion, Traffic management, Provision of MNT facilities for pedestrians and cyclists)
- Rural Transportation Policies (Application of Standards and specifications in the region, Engineering design improvements, Employment creation, Last mile connectivity)
- Integrated planning and Intermodal Transport (Transport Planning, National and County Governments Planning, Modal shift in transport modes, Seamless connectivity of transport modes, Road corridor management)
- Transport Safety and security (Road Safety Audits, Consideration of NMT in design, Road user behavior)
- Appropriate road construction materials (Low volume sealed roads (LVSRs), Alternative soil stabilizers)
- Climate resilient infrastructure (Climate change, Environmental protection & Sustainability)
- Research needs and capacity (Research fora, institutional framework, Collaboration and partnership in research)
Abstracts for the papers should not contain more than 500 words and should be based on study, research or documented experience strictly relating to the topic of the conference. The author should specify the mode of presentation they intend to use.
Authors should submit a maximum of two abstracts and should include the paper title, names(s), of the author(s), affiliations and contact information. authors must ensure the submitted abstracts and papers are original and should observe intellectual property rights .
Submitted abstracts and full papers will be reviewed by experts in relevant fields